Home Health Erectile Dysfunction: Causes and treatment in Australia

Erectile Dysfunction: Causes and treatment in Australia

1111
0

Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the persistent difficulty of achieving or maintaining a penile erection. It’s a medical condition that affects only men. Sometimes, this condition is temporary. But it might be permanent among some men. It depends on the underlying cause of the condition.

What are the causes of ED?

ED has a lot of causes. The causes fall under two major classifications — the physical and psychological causes. Whatever the cause, a qualified health practitioner could help diagnose and treat ED.

The problem is that some men with the condition are embarrassed over the issue and don’t seek the appropriate medical attention. Now, health professionals in the men’s reproductive health sector understand the issue better than before. And this means you will get the right treatment if you seek medical help.

The Physical Causes of ED

Some serious medical conditions cause erectile dysfunction. If that’s the cause of ED, you will need to undergo a proper diagnosis so the underlying medical issue can be resolved. Your road to recovery will begin after then.

Some of the common physical causes of ED in Australia are:

  • High blood pressure.
  • High cholesterol content.
  • Obesity
  • Heart disease.
  • Narrow blood vessels in the penis.
  • Parkinson’s disease.
  • Spinal cord or pelvic area injuries.
  • Prostate disease.
  • Radiotherapy around the pelvic area.
  • Surgical complications.
  • Testosterone deficiency.
  • Drug and substance abuse.
  • Peyronie disease.
  • Some prescription medicines.
  • Age

The psychological causes of ED

Psychological causes of ED account for only 10% of the case. Physical causes account for the remaining percentage (90%). Some of the psychological causes of ED include:

  • Depression
  • Stress
  • Severe anxiety.
  • Fear
  • Mental health illnesses.
  • Low self-esteem.

Erectile Dysfunction treatment in Australia

The treatment of ED involves diagnosing the cause. Once your physician discovers the cause of the condition, you will undergo the right treatment procedure. Sometimes, you might undergo treatment procedures for both physical and psychological causes if there’s an overlap.

The overlap is when both physical and psychological factors cause your ED. For example, an obese person might have low self-esteem. In this case, the person has physical and psychological factors that cause ED.

Treatment of physical-based ED

If physical factors such as diseases cause your ED, you will need to be under medication to manage the symptoms of ED. There are a lot of physical causes of ED. And you might try various medications before you can find one that works better for you.

Some of the medications that might help combat your ED causes are Avanafil (Stendra), sildenafil (Viagra), tadalafil (Cialis), and vardenafil (Levitra, Staxyn). And if low testosterone levels cause your ED, the physician might recommend the use of Testosterone Therapy (TRT) medication to combat the situation.

As we’ve seen earlier, some medications for other diseases might cause ED. It’s always a good idea to talk to your physician and be very honest. Tell them everything so they can devise a plan to help you.

Treatment of psychology-based ED

When psychological factors cause your ED, you will probably benefit from talk therapy. Your therapist will address the issues after several sessions. During the therapy sessions, the therapist will discuss your feelings regarding sexual intercourse, performance anxiety, and stress.

Also, the therapist will address any subconscious thoughts that might be affecting your sexual well-being. Vacuum pumps might also help treat your ED. These vacuum pumps consist of three components — a plastic tube, pump, and an elastic ring.

To use the vacuum pump, simply put the plastic tube over your penis. The pump will then create a vacuum by sucking all the air out of the tube. Blood will then flow to the penis from the circulatory system with ease.

The elastic ring, which you will place at the base of the penis, will trap blood within the penis’ vessels. You will then retain the erection. You will need to leave the elastic ring in place for 30 minutes. ED can be treated if you visit a professional health practitioner. If you have symptoms of ED, take action to visit a hospital. You can also buy Kamagra Jelly Australia.