In the present era, I have assumed that knee pain is a common issue amongst all age people. It is a serious concern; whether knee pain is due to injury or certain underlying medical conditions, it can affect your daily activities. In fact, it could turn into a lifelong issue.
I am going to share knee injury treatment and causes with you so that you can smartly handle a knee injury. Let’s check out:
Causes of knee pain:
- Knee injuries
- Osgood-Schlatter’s disease (this can also affect children and young)
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome
Nevertheless, whatever your knee condition is, try home remedies that could be helpful in providing relief from severe knee pain.
Massage the area: Massaging is one of the best ways to get relief from the knee and joint pain.
Heat and cold compress: Both are good for swollen knees, but this treatment should be performed according to the pain you are suffering.
Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar has anti-inflammatory properties, it can even treat arthritis.
Ginger extract: Add ginger to your food daily, raw ginger is all good for your knees.
Turmeric: This spice is a powerful anti-inflammatory compound which alleviate the symptoms of joint pain and inflammation
What should I do for knee injuries in initial 48 to 72 hours?
Some smart suggestions for first aid treatment when your knee gets injured:
- Stop your activity instantly. Never work through the pain.
- Provide rest to the injured joint.
- Overcome pain, swelling or internal bleeding with ice packs, keep it for 15 minutes after every 2-3 hours.
- Bandage the knee firmly and end it with the wrapping down the lower leg.
- Elevate the injured leg.
- No need to apply heat to the joint.
- Avoid alcohol, this could encourage bleeding and swelling.
- Avoid massage the joint at this moment, as this could increases bleeding and swelling.
Take help from professionals as well:
Since you can yourself treat mild knee injuries, but when it comes to a serious accident or severe pain, consulting a doctor or physiotherapist would be the best thing, because persistent knee pain needs professional help.
Your options to recover from a knee injury are:
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Open surgery
Any kind of knee injury will surely be recovered by medical attention.